ACISS 2021 - A Review
RWTH Aachen University’s School of Business and Economics hosted the seventh Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS) from August 16 to October 01, 2021. This year the curriculum comprised six intensive courses held by six outstanding instructors from the Universidad de Chile, the TU Dortmund, the University of Erfurt, the IAE Business School Argentina and RWTH Aachen University. The program’s overall reception among participants was consistently positive, as the following survey results demonstrate:
- 95,20% of all asked participants evaluate the lecturer as good or better.
- 94,17% of all asked participants evaluate the seminar concept as good or better.
- 91, 45% of all asked participants find the course interesting.
Moreover, participants express their appreciation of the program and demonstrate its relevance not only for PhD students and post-docs, but also for research interested Master students in the following statements:
- “The practical assignments were truly helpful and - for someone with not much prior experience to qualitate research - very motivating to engage more in those methods.”
- “A very good instructor who addressed all questions in detail. In particular, the individual coaching was helpful for me.”
- “Great insights, especially into ethnography, which I had never dealt with before the course.
“I liked the many examples that were given as well as the experience of doing online experiments myself.”
Below, you can find some further statistics that provide a good overview of last year’s ACISS program.
- 56.00% PhD students
- 2.00% External PhD students
- 19.00% Master students
- 23.00% MME-Time Students
Average course evaluation
- Instructors: 1.2
- General: 1.6
We hope our review has awakened your interest for the 2022 Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS). We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of this year’s courses!