ACISS 2017 – A Review
RWTH Aachen University’s School of Business and Economics hosted the third Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS) from July 31 to October 13, 2017. The curriculum comprised eight intensive, five-day courses held by nine outstanding instructors from the Imperical College London, the Universidad de Chile, the University of Vienna and RWTH Aachen University. The program’s overall reception among participants was consistently positive, as the following survey results demonstrate:
- 90% of all participants thought their course was interesting.
- 98% of all participants are satisfied with the course concept.
Moreover, participants express their appreciation of the program and demonstrate its relevance not only for PhD students and post-docs, but also for research interested Master students in the following statements:
- “I really enjoyed the course! Super helpful and valuable for my PhD. Should be required for every PhD student.”
- “It was nice to have many PhD students with different backgrounds.”
- “High relevance for [the] master thesis.”
- “Students from different research fields.”
- “Small groups, friendly learning atmosphere, good group interaction.”
- “Well structured very good course, lot of things to take away from.”
- “Professor is an expert about the topic and very capable in spreading interest of the topic.”
Below, you can find some further statistics that provide a good overview of last year’s ACISS program.
- 64% PhD students
- 36% Master students
Average course evaluation
- Instructors: 1.3
- General: 1.5
We hope our review has awakened your interest for the 2018 Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS). We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of this year’s courses!