RWTH Aachen University’s School of Business and Economics hosted the eighth “Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science“ (ACISS) from August 15 to September 30, 2022. This year the curriculum comprised six intensive courses held by six outstanding instructors from the Universidad de Chile, the TU Dortmund, the University of Erfurt, the IAE Business School Argentina and RWTH Aachen University. The program’s overall reception among participants was consistently positive, as the following survey results demonstrate:
• 95,50% of all asked participants evaluate the lecturer as good or better.
• 93,25% of all asked participants evaluate the seminar concept as good or better.
• 92,43% of all asked participants find the course interesting.
Moreover, participants express their appreciation of the program and demonstrate its relevance not only for PhD students and post-docs, but also for research interested Master students in the following statements:
- “It was very interesting to visit the AixCave and to see real life demos. We were also given much freedom in terms of which topic we wanted to research.”
- “The Professor is extremely knowledgeable and provides wonderful insights. Lots of real-world examples were used and group works helped to complete the course satisfactorily.”
- “A very structured and information rich course. The lecturer considers the different knowledge levels among students.”
- “Friendly atmosphere and interesting topics, which encourages me a lot to propose questions.”
Below, you can find some further statistics that provide a good overview of last year’s ACISS program.
• 92 participants: o 39.00% PhD students o 23.00% Master students o 38.00% MME-Time Students
• Average course evaluation o Instructors: 1,2 o General: 1,6
We hope our review has awakened your interest for the 2023 Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods and Data Science (ACISS). We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of this year’s courses