ACISS 2016 – A Review
RWTH Aachen University’s School of Business and Economics hosted the second Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods (ACISS) from July 18 to September 30, 2016. The curriculum comprised seven intensive, five-day courses held by seven outstanding instructors from Penn State, the Universidad de Chile, the University of Leeds, the University of Bonn, the University of Vienna and RWTH Aachen University. The program’s overall reception among participants was consistently positive, as the following survey results demonstrate:
- 90% of all participants recommend the ACISS
- 76% of all participants are satisfied with the curriculum
- 72% of all participants are satisfied with the choice of instructors.
Moreover, participants express their appreciation of the program and demonstrate its relevance not only for PhD students and post-docs, but also for research interested Master students in the following statements:
- “The course was great, it has helped me to develop my research.“
- “We had the opportunity to discuss our own research problems with the university lecturers.”
- “It is awesome to work with international lecturers.“
- “Working together with PhD students was really inspiring. I enjoyed the course a lot.“
- “Small group sizes - best conditions for discussions.“
- “We could visit a wide range of interesting courses.“
Below, you can find some further statistics that provide a good overview of last year’s ACISS program.
- 53,5% PhD students
- 42% Master students
- 4,5% externals
Average course evaluation
- Instructors: 1.3
- General: 1.5
We hope our review has awakened your interest for the 2017 Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods (ACISS). We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of this year’s courses!