Many RWTH Aachen University graduates wish to maintain their personal relationship with their alma mater by taking on a supporter or ambassador role. Our central contact, information, and communication network offers lots of activities for RWTH alumni to take part and get involved in. We also provide help and support for RWTH alumni organizations in other cities and other countries. RWTH-Alumni is a central contact, information, and career networking facility for alumni of all nine schools and faculties of RWTH Aachen University.
"Sponsor, honor, network!" is the motto of proRWTH - the Association of Friends and Supporters of RWTH Aachen University. More than 1,100 dedicated companies and private individuals support our goals with their membership contributions and donations. For them, helping RWTH Aachen University to retain its position as a leading university of the world is a rewarding and fulfilling mission. This mission is implemented by the proRWTH Association in the form of grants for research projects, international and interdisciplinary conferences, and honoring and sponsoring of outstanding graduates. Additionally, because proRWTH is a network of alumni, friends, and supporters of the University, it serves as a platform for the successful exchanging of technology, knowledge, and ideas between RWTH Aachen University, the industry, and the public.
ProRWTH has also recently started to focus on emerging young academics of RWTH Aachen University. Since the winter semester 2009/2010, it has awarded scholarships to the most promising students via the Education Fund of RWTH Aachen University.
Where to find proRWTH:
Freunde und Förderer der RWTH Aachen e.V.
D-52062 Aachen, Germany
Center for Professional Leadership
The Center for Professional Leadership (also CPL for short) offers programs, seminars and further training for the development of career-relevant fields of competence for various career stages as well as support in career development for postdocs, employees of the academic mid-level faculty, science managers and professors.
Doctoral Academy (previously: Center for Doctoral Studies)
At the RWTH Doctoral Academy, PhD students are offered a wide range of development courses and seminars for further education in the areas of academic and non-academic career development, teaching, research, and other soft skills, as well as individual support in developing their careers.
The RWTH Career Center is a centrally set up service at the university for students who are looking for advice on starting a career.
The offer ranges from programs to promote one's own skills, to project management, application assistance, job market and networking.
- In the career@ presentation series, companies that want to grow with RWTH Aachen graduates in the future present themselves.
- The Digital Career Days offer students the opportunity to get in touch with companies in web conferences with company presentations and Q&A sessions.
- Another opportunity is the job shadowing, which gives the possibility to get to know your dream job for a day in a company.
- There is also the possibility of an application portfolio check, as well as online application tips.
- Female students and graduates receive support as part of the Female Careers program.
- The Career Center offers numerous other opportunities which can be viewed on the website.