Awards and Prizes Given by the School and by the University
Publication Award of the School of Business and Economics
The Publication Award is presented for outstanding publication achievements of academic staff members of the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University. Each year, up to 3 individuals receive the Publication Award.
Award Winners 2021:
- Herr Dr. Maximilian Löffler
- Herr Dr. Marc Rößler
Award Winners 2020:
- Herr Dr. Tristan Becker
- Herr Dr. Dominik Goeke
Every year, RWTH Aachen University presents the Friedrich-Wilhelm Award to master students and doctoral degree holders in recognition of their outstanding academic achievements.
The award is donated by the foundation of the same name, which was established in 1865 by the legal predecessors of today's insurance company, the Aachener and Münchener Beteiligungsgesellschaft. The award is intended to support research and teaching at RWTH Aachen University and also to support individual students and young scientists. The name of the foundation dates back to the Prussian Crown Prince, who later became Kaiser Friedrich Wilhelm III. In 1858, he was presented by the Aachener and Münchener Feuerversicherungsgesellschaft with a donation of 5,000 German Talers in order to found a polytechnical institute in the Rhine Province. This donation formed the basis of the Friedrich-Wilhelm Foundation, which was subsequently established, and which itself formed the basis of today's RWTH Aachen University.
Award Winner 2023 from the School of Business and Economics
- Frau Dr. rer. pol. Christina Diana Florence Dienhart: Determinants and Dynamics of Regional Innovation Ecosystems: A Multi-Level Approach (Dissertation)
- Frau Dr. rer. pol. Nicole Janine Hartwich: Understanding the communication of errors and concerns in organizations: Multi-level perspectives on determinants and consequences of employee voice (Dissertation)
Award Winner 2022 from the School of Business and Economics
- Herr Dr. rer. pol. Lars Friedrich Nolting: Die Versorgungssicherheit mit Elektrizität im Kontext von Liberalisierung und Energiewende (Dissertation)
Award Winner 2021 from the School of Business and Economics
- Herr Stefan Bomsdorf, M.Sc.: Exact and Heuristic Solution of the Time-Dependent Truck Driver Scheduling and Routing Problem with Two Types of Breaks (Master-Thesis)
Award Winner 2020 from the School of Business and Economics
- Herr Dr. rer. pol. Sebastian Goderbauer: Mathematical Optimization in Practice:
Energy Systems and Political Districting (Dissertation)
- Herr Tim Hilbrecht, M. Sc.: Entwicklung eines Optimierungsmodells für Wertschöpfungsnetzwerke zur Herstellung strombasierter Kraftstoffe (Master-Thesis)
Borchers Plakette Award and Springorum Commemorative Coin of RWTH Aachen
Every year, proRWTH - the Association of Friends and Supporters of RWTH Aachen University - presents the Springorum Commemorative Coin and the Borchers Plakette Award. During the presentation ceremony, the Springorum Commemorative Coin is awarded to outstanding graduates of RWTH Aachen University. The Coin has been awarded since 1925. The Borchers Plakette Award is named after an earlier Rector of RWTH Aachen University - Prof. Wilhelm Borchers. Created in 1909, it is awarded for outstanding doctoral degree theses. The Association itself has existed since 1918. It consists of 100 firms and 1,300 motivated individuals. By implementing generous grants, the Association of Friends and Supporters of RWTH Aachen University continuously supports research and teaching activities at the University. Institutes, private individuals, research projects, and student ideas are all supported.
Publication Award for Interdisciplinarity
Award Winner 2022:
- Herr Dr. Ali Abdelshafy
Publication Award for Ethical/Social Responsibility and Diversity
Award Winner 2022:
- Herr Jun.-Prof. Dr. Tristan Becker