Room: B 353
- Phone: +49 241 80 99196
- By appointment only
Torsten-Oliver Salge studied business administration at universities in Germany, France, Italy and England. He holds a Ph.D. and an M.Phil. degree, both from the University of Cambridge. Prior to joining RWTH Aachen University as head of the newly established Innovation, Strategy and Organisation, short ISO, Group in April 2013, he was an interim professor at the University of Duisburg-Essen, 2012 to 2013, a junior professor at the University of Bochum, 2009 to 2012, and a post-doctoral research associate at the University of Cambridge, 2009. He has held visiting scholar appointments at universities in Auckland, Buenos Aires, Cambridge, Oxford and Philadelphia. As part of his research program, he has collaborated with a number of organisations from sectors such as healthcare, central government and financial services.
- Collaboration across disciplinary, organisational and institutional boundaries
- Organisational learning from performance feedback
- Organisational search and problem-solving
- Strategic HRM and employee well-being
- Technology legitimation, adoption and payoff
- Salge, T.O.; Kohli, R.; Barrett, M. (2015): Investing in Information Systems: On the Behavioral and Institutional Search Mechanisms Underpinning Hospitals’ IS Investment Decisions. In: MIS Quarterly, 39(1), 61-89.
- Gesing, J.; Antons, D.; Piening, E.; Rese, M.; Salge, T.O. (2015): Joining Forces or Going for it Alone? On the Interplay among External Collaboration Partner Types, Interfirm Governance Modes, and Internal R&D. In: Journal of Product Innovation Management, 32(3), 424-440.
- Piening, E.; Salge, T.O. (2015): Understanding the Antecedents, Contingencies, and Performance Implications of Process Innovation: A Dynamic Capabilities Perspective. In: Journal of Product Innovation Management, 32(1), 424-440.
- Piening, E.P.; Baluch, A. M.; Salge, T.O. (2013): The Relationship between Employees’ Perceptions of HR Systems and Organizational Performance: Examining Mediating Mechanisms and Temporal Dynamics. In: Journal of Applied Psychology, 98 (6), 926-947.
- Salge, T.O.; Farchi, T.; Barrett, M.; Dopson, S. (2013): When Does Search Openness Really Matter? A Contingency Study of Health Care Innovation Projects. In: Journal of Product Innovation Management, 30(4), 659-676.
- Salge, T.O. (2012): The Temporal Trajectories of Innovative Search: Insights from Public Hospital Services. In: Research Policy, 41(4), 720-733.
- Salge, T.O. (2011): A Behavioral Model of Innovative Search: Evidence from Public Hospital Services. In: Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory, 21(1), 181-210.