PersonDr. rer. pol., Universitätsprofessorin
- Phone: +49 241 80 96154
Almut Balleer was born in 1979. She gained her doctoral degree from the University of Bonn, also visiting the Pompeu Fabra University in Barcelona on a Marie Curie research grant from the European Doctoral Program. In 2009 she became Assistant Professor at the Institute for International Economic Studies (IIES) at Stockholm University, where she has been a research affiliate since 2015. She has also been a research professor with the Ifo Institute in Munich since 2013.In September 2012 she became Professor of Empirical Economic Research in the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University.
- Applied econometrics
- Labor economics
- Balleer, A.; Gehrke, B.; Merkl, C. (2017): Some surprising facts about working time accounts and the business cycle in Germany. In: International journal of manpower, 38 (7), S. 940-953.
- Balleer, A.; Gehrke, B.; Lechthaler, W.; Merkl, C. (2016): Does Short-Time Work save Jobs? : A Business Cycle Analysis. In: European economic review: EER, 84 (Issue May), S. 99-122.
- Balleer, A.; Gomez-Salvador, R.; Turunen, J. (2014): Labour Force Participation in euro area countries: A Cohort Based Analysis. In: Empirical Economics, 46 (4), S. 1385-1415. 10.1007/s00181-013-0716-3
- Balleer, A.; van Rens, T (2012): Skill-Biased Technological Change and the business cycle. In: Review of Economics and Statistics, 95 (4), S. 1222-1237. 10.1162/REST_a_00326
- Balleer, A. (2012): New Evidence, Old Puzzles: Technology Shocks and Labor Market Fluctuations. In: Quantitative Economics, 3 (3), November, S. 363-392.