PersonDr. rer. pol., Universitätsprofessor
- Phone: +49 241 80 93355
- nach Vereinbarung / by arrangement
Christian Grund was born in Minden/Westfalen in 1971. His first degree in business and economics was awarded in 1997 by the University of Hannover. In 2001 he received a doctoral degree and in 2005 a post-doctoral Habilitation degree, both from the University of Bonn. He has spent periods of researching at the Stanford Graduate School of Business in the USA, the Aarhus School of Business in Denmark, and McGill University in Montreal, Canada. He has held chairs of human resources and organization at the Universities of Würzburg and Duisburg-Essen. Christian Grund is a research fellow of the Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), a research affiliate of the Center for Corporate Performance (Copenhagen Business School), and editor in chief of the German Journal of Human Resource Management. Since October 2012, Christian Grund has been teaching and researching at RWTH Aachen University.
- Personnel economics
- Empirical human resources studies
- Corporate remuneration and career policy
- Atypical forms of employment
- Industrial relations
- Gerst, B.; Grund, C.: Gender-Specific Duration of Parental Leave and Current Earnings. Forthcoming in: Work, Employment & Society.
- Grund, C., Titz, K.: Affective Commitment through Further Training: The Roles of Firm Provision and Employee Participation. Fortcoming in: Review of Managerial Science. DOI: 10.1007/s11846-021-00460-1.
- Graff, F.; Grund, C.; Harbring, C. (2021): Competing on the Holodeck - The effect of virtual peers and heterogeneity in dynamic tournaments. In: Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics 90, DOI: 10.1016/j.socec.2020.101596.
- Grund, C.; Martin, J. (2020): The Role of Works Councils for Severance Payments. Forthcoming in: International Journal of Human Resource Management.
- Feess, E.; Grund, C.; Walzl, M.; Wohlschlegl, A. (2020): Competing Trade Mechanisms and Monotone Mechanism Choice. In: European Journal of Operational Research 280, 1108-1121.
- Grund, C.; Harbring, C.; Thommes, K. (2018): Group (Re-) formation in Public Good Games: The Tale of the Bad Apple?. In: Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization 145, 306-319.
- Grund, C. (2015): Gender Pay Gaps among Highly Educated Professionals: Compensation Components Do Matter. In: Labour Economics 34, S. 118-126.
- Grund, C. (2013): Job Preferences Revealed by Employee Initiated Job Change. In: International Journal of Human Resource Management, 24, 2825-2850.
- Grund, C.; Höcker, J.; Zimmermann,S. (2013): Incidence and Consequences of Risk Taking Behavior in Tournaments – Evidence from the NBA. In: Economic Inquiry, 51, 1489-1501.
- Grund, C.; Westergård-Nielsen, N. (2008): The Dispersion of Employees’ Wage Increases and Firm Performance. In: Industrial and Labor Relations Review 61, 485-501.
- Grund, C.; Sliwka, D. (2005): Envy and Compassion in Tournaments. In: Journal of Economics & Management Strategy 14, 187-207.