Grit Walther was born in 1974. Since September 2012, she has been Professor of Operations Management at RWTH Aachen University. Following her geoecology studies (enironmental sciences) at the University of Braunschweig, she went on to study production and logistics there, gaining her doctoral degree in 2004. At the University's Institute of Automotive Management and Industrial Production, she founded a research group on "Sustainable Supply Chain Management" and was head of this group from 2004 to 2009. She also chose the topic of "Sustainable Supply Chains" as the subject of her post-doctoral Habilitation thesis, receiving her Habilitation degree in 2009. In the 2 years prior to taking up the appointment with RWTH Aachen University, Grit Walther was holder of the Chair of Production and Logistics at the University of Wuppertal.
- Production, Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Sustainable Supply Chains
- Sustainable Mobility
- Reverse Logistics
- Transformation towards zero emission industries
- Siemon, M.; Schiffer, M.; Mitra, S.; Walther, G. (2020): Value-based Production Planning in Non-Ferrous Metal Industries – Application in the Copper Industry In: IISE Transactions. 52 (10), 1063-1080. 10.1080/24725854.2020.1711992
- Siemon, M.; Schiffer, M.; Walther, G. (2019): Integrated purchasing and production planning for a non-Ferrous metal production network In: Omega, Volume 98. 10.1016/j.omega.2019.102136
- Scheiper, B.; Schiffer, M.; Walther, G. (2019): The Flow Refueling Location Problem with Load Flow Control. Omega, 83, pp. 50-69.
- Schiffer, M.; Schneider, M.; Walther, G.; Laporte, G. (2018): Vehicle routing and location-routing with intermediate stops: A review. Transportation Science, 53 (2), pp. 319-622.
- Hombach, L. E.; Büsing, C.; Walther, G. (2018): Robust and sustainable supply chains under market uncertainties and different risk attitudes - a case study of the German biodiesel market. European Journal of Operational Research, 269 (1), pp. 302-312.
- Schiffer, M.; Walther, G. (2018): Strategic planning of electric logistics fleet networks: A robust location routing approach. Omega, 80, pp. 31-42.
- Schiffer, M.; Walther, G. (2018): An Adaptive Large Neighborhood Search for the Location-Routing Problem with Intra-route Facilities. Transportation Science, 52 (2), pp. 229-496.
- Hombach, L. E.; Walther, G. (2015): Pareto-efficient legal regulation of the (bio)fuel market using a bi-objective optimization model. European Journal of Operational Research, 245, 286-295.
- Inghels, D.; Dullaert, W.; Raa, B.; Walther, G. (2016): Influence of composition, amount and life span of passenger cars on end-of-life vehicles waste in Belgium: a System Dynamics approach. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 91, pp. 80-104.
- Walther, G. (2010): Nachhaltige Wertschöpfungsnetzwerke – Überbetriebliche Planung und Steuerung von Stoffströmen entlang des Produktlebenszyklus. Gabler-Verlag, Wiesbaden.