PersonDr. rer. oec., Universitätsprofessor
- Phone: +49 241 80 92194
- Please see www.wi.rwth-aachen.de
Kai Reimers was born in 1963 in Wiesbaden. Having studied business administration and economics in Germany, he received a doctoral degree in economics and business administration from the University of Wuppertal and a post-doctoral Habilitation degree from the University of Bremen. From September 1998 to August 2003, under the sponsorship of the DAAD, he worked as a visiting professor at the School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University, Beijing. In September 2003, he joined the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University as Professor of Information Systems and Electronic Business, where he works at the interface between information systems and organization theory.
- Development of Industry-wide Information Infrastructures
- Development of IT Standards
- Development and Implementation of Enterprise Systems
- Reimers, Kai; Guo, Xunhua; Li, Mingzhi (2019): Beyond Markets, Hierarchies, and Hybrids. An Institutional Perspective on IT-enabled Two-sided Markets. In Electronic Markets 29 (2), pp. 287-305. 10.1007/s12525-018-0319-0
- Reimers, Kai; Johnston, Robert B. (2019): Living Infrastructure. In Kai Riemer, Stefan Schellhammer, Michaela Meinert (Eds.): Collaboration in the Digital Age. How Technology Enables Individuals, Teams and Businesses. Cham, Switzerland: Springer, pp. 249–267.
- Reimers, Kai; Guo, Xunhua (2014): Supply Chain Resource Planning Systems: A Scenario of Future Enterprise Systems. In Communications of the AIS 35, pp. 173–190.
- Reimers, Kai; Johnston, Robert B.; Klein, Stefan (2014): An Empirical Evaluation of Existing IS Change Theories for the Case of IOIS Evolution. In European Journal of Information Systems 23 (4), pp. 373–399. DOI: 10.1057/ejis.2013.7
- Reimers, Kai; Johnston, Robert B.; Guo, Xunhua; Klein, Stefan; Xie, Bin; Li, Mingzhi (2013): Novice-based Data Collection Methods for the Study of IOIS: Practice Probes and Learning Communities. In Electronic Markets 23 (4), pp. 285–293. 10.1007/s12525-013-0126-6
- Reimers, Kai; Johnston, Robert B.; Klein, Stefan (2010): The Difficulty of Studying Inter-organisational IS Phenomena on Large Scales: Critical Reflections on a Research Journey. In Electronic Markets 20 (3-4), pp. 229–240.
- Reimers, Kai; Li, Mingzhi (2005): Antecedents of a Transaction Cost Theory of Vertical IS Standardisation Processes. In Electronic Markets 15 (4), pp. 301–312.
- Reimers, Kai (2003): Implementing ERP Systems in China. International Examples of Large-Scale Systems -- Theory and Practice I. In Communications of the AIS 11, pp. 335–356.
- Reimers, Kai (2001): Standardising the New E-Business Platform: Learning from the EDI Experience. In Electronic Markets 11 (4), pp. 231–237.
- Reimers, Kai (1996): The Non-market Preconditions of Electronic Markets: Implications for Their Evolution and Applicability. In European Journal of Information Systems 5 (2), pp. 75–83.