Application to the Exchange Office


The following documents must be completed or uploaded in the MoveOn portal:

  • Application form
  • Tabular curriculum vitae in German or English
  • For each university of your choice, please fill in a Learning Agreement
  • Current transcript of records:
    • Bachelor students should be able to provide evidence of about 60CP
    • Master students should also upload a copy of your Bachelor's degree certificate
  • Proof of knowledge of the language of instruction
  • Optional: Proof of extracurricular activities (e.g. BeBuddy programme) or internship certificates.

Please note that, contrary to other faculties of the RWTH, we have two separate application periods for the summer and winter semester! Applications for a stay in the summer semester will not be considered in the application phase for the winter semester. Please note that the semester times of the partner universities differ from our academic calendar. For example, a so-called summer semester in France already begins in February (spring term).
For questions regarding your application, please contact .
Questions or problem reports regarding MoveOn should be sent directly to .


Foreign language certificate

Possibilities to prove knowledge of the language of instruction:

  • Language certificate issued by the Language Centre of RWTH Aachen University.
  • Language diploma - TOEFL, DELE, CAMBRIDGE, ...
  • Abitur certificate as proof of foreign language skills
    • Your Abitur certificate shows your language level according to level A1-C1 (according to CEFR)