ACISS 2015 – A Review
RWTH Aachen University’s School of Business and Economics hosted the first Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods (ACISS) from July 25 to September 23, 2015. The curriculum comprised eight intensive, five-day courses held by nine outstanding instructors from Penn State, the Universidad de Chile, the University of Vienna, and RWTH Aachen University. The program’s overall reception among participants was consistently positive, as the following survey results demonstrate:
- 85% of all participants recommend the ACISS
- 80% of all participants are satisfied with the curriculum
- 85% of all participants are satisfied with the choice of instructors.
Moreover, participants express their appreciation of the program and demonstrate its relevance not only for PhD students and post-docs, but also for research interested Master students in the following statements:
- “This seminar has brought me a huge step forward and upward in terms of the quality of my PhD research.“
- “A good learning atmosphere, plenty of anecdotes and practical implications for my own research. Very interesting!”
- “Very interesting and helped me a lot with my Master thesis! A really good course!“
- “Working together with PhD students was really inspiring. I enjoyed the course a lot.“
- “Appropriate for persons with little prior knowledge as well as those with more experience.“
- “Extremely large amount of content that was very well presented and explained.“
Below, you can find some further statistics that provide a good overview of last year’s ACISS program.
- 52% PhD students
- 40% Master students
- 8% externals
Average course evaluation
- Instructors: 1.2
- General: 1.5
We hope our review has awakened your interest for the 2016 Aachen International Summer School in Research Methods (ACISS). We are looking forward to welcoming you to one of this year’s courses!