PersonProf. Dr. rer. pol. habil.
- Phone: +49 241 80 96359
- Monday, 11.00 hours by prior email appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org
Malte Brettel was born in 1967. He holds a degree in engineering and business administration from the Technical University of Darmstadt. In 1996, he received a doctoral degree and in 2003, a post-doctoral Habilitation degree from the WHU Koblenz. Since 2003, Malte Brettel has been Professor of Business Administration and Entrepreneurship at RWTH Aachen University. He is co-founder of a successful e-commerce start-up, where he also acted as managing director. In addition to founding several businesses, he has extensive practical experience as a consultant, both for start-up firms and for established companies like Porsche AG and Deutsche Post AG.
- General entrepreneurship
- Corporate entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurial finance and controlling
- Entrepreneurial marketing
- Reck, F.S. / Fischer, D. / Brettel, M. Ethical Decision-Making in Family Firms: The Role of Employee Identification, in Journal of Business Ethics (2021) 10.1007/s10551-021-04774-8
- Fischer, D., Greven, A., Tornow, M., & Brettel, M. (2021). On the value of effectuation processes for R&D alliances and the moderating role of R&D alliance experience. Journal of Business Research, 135, 606-619.
- Kindermann, B./Beutel, S./ Garcia de Lomana, G./ Strese, S./ Bendig, D./Brettel, M. (2020): Digital Orientation: Conceptualization and Operationalization of a New Strategic Orientation, in European Management Journal, DOI: 10.1016/j.emj.2020.10.009
- Knein, E./Greven, A./Bendig, D./Brettel M. (2019): Culture and cross-functional coopetition: The interplay of organizational and national culture, in: Journal of Management, DOI: 10.1016/j.intman.2019.100731
- Paluch, S./Antons, D./Brettel, M./Hopp, C./Salge, T./Piller, F./Wentzel, D. (2019): Stage-gate and agile development in the digital age: Promises, perils, and boundary conditions, in: Journal of Business Research, DOI: 10.1016/j.jbusres.2019.01.063
- Strese, S./Gebhard, P./Feierabend, D./ Brettel, M. (2018): Entrepreneurs' Perceived Exit Performance: Conceptualization and Scale Development, in: Journal of Business Venturing, 33 (3), S. 351-370.
- Skirnevskiy, V., Bendig, D./ Brettel, M. (2017): The Influence of Internal Social Capital on Serial Creators' Success in Crowdfunding, in: Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 41 (2), S. 209-236.
- Bendig, D./Willmann, D./Strese, S./Brettel, M. (2017): Share Repurchases and Myopia: Implications on the Stock and Consumer Markets, in: Journal of Marketing, DOI: 10.1509/jm.16.0200
- Jaeger, N.A.; Zacharias, N.A.; Brettel, M. (2016): Nonlinear and dynamic effects of responsive and proactive market orientation: A longitudinal investigation. In: International Journal of Research in Marketing 33 (4), S. 767-779. 10.1016/j.ijresmar.2016.01.006
- Karmann, T.; Mauer, R.; Flatten, T.C.; Brettel, Malte (2016): Entrepreneurial Orientation and Corruption. In: Journal of Business Ethics 133 (2), S. 223-234. 10.1007/s10551-014-2305-6
- Flatten, T.C.; Engelen, A.; Möller, T.: Brettel, M. (2015): How Entrepreneurial Firms Profit From Pricing Capabilities: An Examination of Technology-Based Ventures, in: Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 39 (5), S. 1111-1136. 10.1111/etap.12098