Gender and Diversity© Peter Winandy
Equality, equal opportunities, and the appreciation of diversity are fundamental principles of our university culture – both in studying and teaching as well as in research and in the university management.
With the central goal of being an attractive place of study and work for committed students and employees from Germany and abroad, RWTH Aachen University works actively to eliminate prejudices, stereotypical thought patterns and discrimination. All university members are enabled to develop their individual potential; regardless of their gender, socio-cultural background, physical disability, or chronic illness.
In this context, employees and students have access to numerous offers, measures, and services, such as counseling on the topics of equal treatment and nondiscrimination, compatibility of family responsibilities and career, and studying with a disability or chronic illness. Female students, female doctoral candidates, and female postdocs can actively shape their careers with the help of the TANDEM mentoring programs. Gender Consulting is available to advise researchers on the application process for DFG-funded research alliances and third-party funded projects. The quarterly newsletter "Chancengerechte Hochschule" (Equal Opportunities University) informs all university members about the topics of equality, compatibility, and diversity in the university context.
All faculties and schools of RWTH Aachen University are committed to expecting and to promoting collaborative work on an equal basis between all persons involved in research, teaching, services, and study.
|Advising on Gender Equality, Mobbing, (Sexual) Harrassment, etc.||Equal Opportunities Office|
|Gender and Diversity in Forschungsanträgen||Integration Team Gender & Diversity (IGaD)|
- Equality Plan RWTH (GER) (pdf: 179 kb)
- The faculty's equality plan (GER) (pdf: 489 kb)
- Staff Development Concept (pdf: 1126 kb)
- audit family-friendly university (pdf: 899 kb)
- Inclusion Agreement (GER) (pdf: 1418 kb)
- Equal Opportunities Action Plan 2017-2022 (pdf: 13844 kb)
- Joint Guidelines Equal Opportunities (pdf: 261 kb)
- Golden Rules for Family Friendly Management (pdf: 5663 kb)
- Gender-neutral language (GER) (pdf: 1736 kb)
- Sexual Harassment and Discrimination (pdf: 1086 kb)