Building: E.ON ERC
- Phone: +49 241 80 49870
- By appointment
Aaron Praktiknjo is Head of the Chair for Energy Systems Economics at the E.ON Energy Research Center at RWTH Aachen University. He studied industrial engineering and civil engineering at the Technical University of Berlin where he also graduated with a doctoral degree at the Institute for Energy Engineering. The focus of his research and teaching activities is the analysis of energy systems at the interface between energy economics, energy policy, and energy technology. Aaron Praktiknjo is President of the German Association for Energy Sciences and Energy Policy (GEE) and Council Member of the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE). Together with Peter Zweifel and Georg Erdmann, he is co-author of the textbook "Energy Economics - Theory and Application".
- Energy System Analysis
- Energy Markets and Regulation
- Security of Energy Supply
- Sustainability Assessment of Energy Technology
- Behavior of Energy Stakeholders
- Structural Effects caused by Energy Transitions
- Behm, C., Nolting, L., Praktiknjo, A. (2020): How to Model European Electricity Load Profiles using Artificial Neural Networks. In: Applied Energy, 277, 115564.
- Nolting, L., Spiegel, T., Reich, M., Adam, M., Praktiknjo, A. (2020): Can Energy System Modeling Benefit from Artificial Neural Networks? Application of Two-stage Metamodels to Reduce Computation of Security of Supply Assessments. In: Computers & Industrial Engineering, 142.
- Ruhnau, O., Hirth, L., Praktiknjo A. (2020): Heating with Wind: Economics of Heat Pumps and Variable Renewables: In: Energy Economics, 92, 104967.
- Dittmar, L., Praktiknjo, A. (2019): Could Bitcoin Emissions Push Global Warming Above 2°C? In: Nature Climate Change, 9, 656-657.
- Nolting L., Schuller V., Gaumnitz F., Praktiknjo A. (2019): Incentivizing Timely Investments in Electrical Grids: Analysis of the Amendment of the German Distribution Grid Regulation. In: Energy Policy, 132, 754-763.
- Praktiknjo, A., Erdmann, G. (2016). Renewable Electricity and Backup Capacities: An (Un-) Resolvable Problem? In: The Energy Journal, 37.
- Praktiknjo, A. (2014): Stated Preferences based Estimation of Power Interruption Costs in Private Households: An Example from Germany. In: Energy, 76, 82-90.