PersonDr.-Ing., Professor als Juniorprofessor
Building: E.ON ERC
- Phone: +49 241 80 49691
- By appointment
Aaron Praktiknjo is head of the JARA ENERGY Junior Professorship for Energy Resources and Innovation Economics (JERI) at RWTH Aachen. In 2013, he holds a PhD in energy system analysis from TU Berlin (summa cum laude). For his works, he has received awards from the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE), the European Energy Exchange (EEX), and RWTH Aachen. He is President of the German Association for Energy Sciences and Energy Policy (GEE), Representative of the European Affiliates in the Council of the International Association for Energy Economics (IAEE), and spokesperson in the Research Network Energy System Analysis of the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy (BMWi). Together with Peter Zweifel and Georg Erdmann, he co-authored the textbook "Energy Economics - Theory and Application".
- Energy Systems Analysis
- Energy Supply Security
- Design and Modeling of Energy Markets
- Dittmar, L., Praktiknjo, A. (2019): Could Bitcoin Emissions Push Global Warming Above 2°C? In: Nature Climate Change, 9, 656-657.
- Priesmann, J., Nolting, L., Praktiknjo, A. (2019): Are Complex Energy System Models More Accurate? An Intra Model Comparison of Energy System Optimization Models, In: Applied Energy, (forthcoming).
- Zweifel, P., Praktiknjo, A., Erdmann, G. (2017): Energy Economics - Theory and Applications. Buchveröffentlichung im Springer-Verlag.
- Praktiknjo, A., Erdmann, G. (2016). Renewable Electricity and Backup Capacities: An (Un-) Resolvable Problem? In: The Energy Journal, 37(SI2).
- Praktiknjo, A. (2014): Stated Preferences based Estimation of Power Interruption Costs in Private Households: An Example from Germany. In: Energy, 76, 82-90.