Personapl. Professor Dr. rer. pol.
Room: B 344
- Phone: +49 241 80 99186
- By appointment only
David Antons graduated with a Ph.D. in Technology and Innovation Management from RWTH Aachen University in 2013. He completed his habilitation (tenure in the German university system) at RWTH Aachen University, the habilitation treatise focusing on text mining in management research. He has turned down several offers of professorships from other universities, preferring to remain with RWTH Aachen University.
David Antons is considered an expert across a wide breadth of strategic and innovation management topics, ranging from individual-level decision-making biases over digitalized technology acquisition and business model innovation to the interplay of digital transformation and organizational reputation. His research has found wide acclaim: for instance, he was nominated for the “Innovating Innovation Award" of the Harvard Business Review and McKinsey for his research on the implementation of open innovation. Moreover, he received the RWTH Lecturer prize, which is awarded to distinguished researchers for outstanding achievements in teaching. As part of his research program, David Antons has collaborated with a broad number of organizations from different sectors, such as mechanical engineering, mobility, healthcare, finance and banking, insurance, and civil engineering.
- Antecedents and consequences of organizational reputation
- Media influence on management
- New ways of knowledge sharing and technology transfer
- Organizational climate
- Psychological factors influencing decision making
- Attitude research and implicit attitude measurement
- Learning from feedback
- Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Topic Modeling
- Piening, E.P., Salge, T.O., Antons, D. & Kreiner, G. (2018), Standing Together or Falling Apart? Understanding Employees’ Responses to Organizational Identity Threats. Academy of Management Review. 45 (2), 325-351.
- Antons, D., Joshi, A. & Salge, T.O. (2018), Content, Contribution, and Knowledge Consumption: Uncovering Hidden Topic Structures and Rhetorical Signals in Scientific Texts. Journal of Management. 45 (7), 3035-3076.
- Paluch, S., Antons, D., Brettel, M., Hopp, C., Salge, T. O., Piller, F., & Wentzel, D. (2019). Stage-gate and agile development in the digital age: Promises, perils, and boundary conditions. Journal of Business Research. 110, 495-501.
- Huetten, A. S. J., Antons, D., F. Breidbach, C., Piening, E. P., & Salge, T. O. (2019). The impact of occupational stereotypes in human-centered service systems. Journal of Service Management , 30 (1), 132-155.
- Antons, D., & Breidbach, C. F. (2018). Big data, big insights? Advancing service innovation and design with machine learning. Journal of Service Research , 21 (1), 17-39.
- Hopp, C., Antons, D., Kaminski, J. & Salge, T.O. (2018), Disruptive Innovation: Conceptual Foundations, Empirical Evidence, and Research Opportunities in the Digital Age, Journal of Product Innovation Management , Vol. 35 (3): 446-457.
- Hopp, C., Antons, D., Kaminski, J. & Salge, T.O. (2018), The Topic Landscape of Disruption Research: A Call for Consolidation, Reconciliation, and Generalization. Journal of Product Innovation Management , Vol. 35 (3): 458-487.
- Salge, T.O., Vera, A., Antons, D., & Cimiotti, J. (2017), Fighting MRSA Infections in Hospital Care: How Organizational Factors Matter, Health Services Research, 52 (1), 959-983.
- Breidbach, C., Antons, D. & Salge, T.O. (2016), Seamless Service? On The Role and Impact of Service Orchestrators in Human-Centered Service Systems, Journal of Service Research, 19(4), 458-476.
- Antons, D., Kleer, R. & Salge, T.O. (2016), Mapping the Topic Landscape of JPIM, 1984-2013: In Search of Hidden Structures and Development Trajectories. Journal of Product Innovation Management, 33(6), 726-749.