Britta Peis was born in Winterberg in 1975. She studied sport sciences at the German Sport University Cologne and mathematics at the University of Cologne. She received her doctoral degree from the Center for Applied Mathematics at the latter in 2006, having worked and studied there since 2002. After subsequently holding a position at TU Dortmund University’s Chair of Discrete Optimization, Britta Peis joined the research group “Combinatorial Optimization and Graph Algorithms” at TU Berlin University in 2007. From October 2010 to April 2011, she held the position of interim Professor of Mathematical Optimization at Magdeburg’s Otto von Guericke University. In September 2013, Britta Peis joined the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University as Professor of Management Science.
- Combinatorial optimization
- Discrete algorithmic mathematics
- Routing and scheduling
- Robust optimization
- Algorithmic game theory
- Fujishige, S.; Goemans, M.X.; Harks, T.; Peis, B.; Zenklusen, R. (2015): Congestion games viewed from M-convexity. In: Operations Research Letters 43 (3), S. 329-333.
- Bock, A.; Chandrasekaran, K.; Könemann, J.; Sanità, L.; Peis, B. (2015): Finding Small Stabilizers for Unstable Graphs. In: Mathematical Programming 154 (1-2), S. 173-196.
- Harks, T.; Peis, B. (2014): Resource Buying Games. In: Algorithmica, 70(3), 493-512.
- Bansal, N.; Khandekar, R.; Könemann, J.; Nagarajan, V.; Peis, B. (2013): On Generalizations of Network Design Problems with Degree Bounds. In: Math. Programming, Series A, Volume 141, 479-506.
- Faigle, U.; Kern, W.; Peis, B. (2012): A ranking model for the greedy algorithm and discrete convexity. In: Math. Programming, Volume 132, 393-407.
- McCormick, T.; Peis, B. (2011): A Primal-Dual Algorithm for Weighted Abstract Cut Packing. In: O. Günlük and G.J. Woeginger (Eds.), Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization (IPCO 2011), LNCS, 6655, 324-335, Springer, Berlin.
- Peis, B.; Wiese, A. (2011): Universal Packet Routing with Arbitrary Bandwidth and Transit Times. In: O. Günlük; G.J. Woeginger (Eds.), Integer Programming and Combinatorial Optimization (IPCO 2011), LNCS, 6655, 362-375, Springer, Berlin.