PersonDr. rer. oec., Universitätsprofessor
Dean of Studies
- Phone: +49 241 80 92194
- Wednesday, 11.00-12.00 hours
Kai Reimers was born in 1963 in Wiesbaden. Having studied business administration and economics in Germany, he received a doctoral degree in economics and business administration from the University of Wuppertal and a post-doctoral Habilitation degree from the University of Bremen. From September 1998 to August 2003, under the sponsorship of the DAAD, he worked as a visiting professor at the School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University, Beijing. In September 2003, he joined the School of Business and Economics at RWTH Aachen University as Professor of Information Systems and Electronic Business, where he works at the interface between information systems and organization theory.
- Inter-organizational information systems
- Development of information technology standards
- Management of large information systems
- Li, M.Zh.; Reimers, K. (2015): Innovation in China’s Information and Communications Technology Industry: Bottom-up or Top-down?. In: Chinese Management Studies, Vol. 9, No. 1, 27–37.
- Reimers, K.; Guo, X.H. (2014): Supply Chain Resource Planning Systems: A Scenario of Future Enterprise Systems. In: Communications of the Aassociation for Information Systems, Vol. 35, Article 9, 173–190.
- Reimers, K.; Li, M.Zh.; Xie, B.; Guo, X.H. (2014): How Do Industry-wide Information Infrastructures Emerge? A Life Cycle Approach. In: Information Systems Journal, doi: 10.1111/isj.12034.
- Guo, X.H.; Reimers, K.; Xie, B.; Li, M.Zh. (2014): Network Relations and Boundary Spanning: Understanding the Evolution of e-ordering in the Chinese Drug Distribution Industry. In: Journal of Information Technology, Vol. 29, 223-236, doi: 10.1057/jit.2013.27.
- Reimers, K; Johnston, R.B.; Klein, S. (2014): An Empirical Evaluation of Existing IS Change Theories for the Case of IOIS Evolution. In: European Journal of Information Systems, Vol. 23, No. 4, 373-399, doi: 10.1057/ejis.2013.7.
- Reimers, K.; Johnston, R.B.; Guo, X.H. ; Klein, S. ; Xie, B.; Li, M.Zh. (2013): Novice-based Data Collection Methods for the Study of IOIS: Practice Probes and Learning Communities. In: Electronic Markets, Vol. 23, Nr. 4, 285–293 ["Paper of the Year"].