Christine Harbring was born in Cologne in 1974. She studied economics at the University of Bonn as well as in Münster and Paris. In 2000, she joined the Chair of Personnel and Organizational Economics at the University of Bonn as a research assistant and completed her doctoral degree in 2003. In 2004/05 she worked as a consultant for Towers Perrin in Frankfurt and was involved in projects focusing on leadership and corporate development. In 2005, she received a grant from the German Science Foundation (DFG) to conduct a research project at the University of Cologne, where she completed her post-doctoral Habilitation degree in 2009. In 2010, she obtained the Chair of Human Resource Management at the Karlsruhe Institute of Technology. She has been head of the Chair of Organization at RWTH Aachen University since October 2010.
- Organizational and personnel economics, particularly: trust, performance measurement, organizational architecture, incentive schemes, culture, competition within organizations, careers
- Economic experiments
- Behavioral economics
- Harbring, C. (forthcoming): On the Effect of Incentive Schemes on Trust and Trustworthiness. In: Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics.
- Harbring, C.; Berger, J.; Sliwka, D. (2013): Performance Appraisals and the Impact of Forced Distribution – An Experimental Investigation. In: Management Science, 59, 54-68.
- Harbring, C.; Irlenbusch, B. (2011): Sabotage in Tournaments: Evidence from a Laboratory Experiment.
In: Management Science, 57, 611-627.
- Gürtler, O.; Harbring, C. (2010): Feedback in Tournaments under Commitment Problems: Theory and Experimental Evidence. In: Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 19, 771-810.
- Harbring, C.; Irlenbusch, B. (2008): How Many Winners are Good to Have? – On Tournaments with Sabotage. In: Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 65, 682-702.
- Harbring, C.; Lünser, G. K. (2008): On the Competition of Asymmetric Agents. In: German Economic Review, 9 (3), 373-395.
- Harbring, C.; Irlenbusch, B.; Kräkel, M.; Selten, R. (2007): Sabotage in Corporate Contests: An Experimental Analysis. In: International Journal of the Economics of Business, 14 (3), 367-392.
- Harbring, C.; Irlenbusch B. (2007): Verhandlungen über Lohndifferentiale – Einsichten aus einem Experiment mit Kommunikation. In: Die Betriebswirtschaft, 67, 201-223.
- Harbring, C. (2006): The Effect of Communication in Incentive Systems - An Experimental Study. In: Managerial and Decision Economics, 27, 333-353.
- Harbring, C.; Irlenbusch, B. (2005): Incentives in Tournaments with Endogenous Prize Selection. In: Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics, 161, 636-663.