PersonFakultät für Wirtschaftswissenschaften
Lehrstuhl für Management für Industrie 4.0
Kackertstr. 7, 1. Etage
- Phone: +49 241 80 90963
Julia Bendul studied business administration and engineering, majoring in production technology and process engineering, at the Universities of Bremen and Tokyo. She gained her doctoral degree – which focused on business innovation for the integration of intermodal transportation into supply chains – from the University of St. Gallen in 2011. Following her degree, she became a consultant on operational excellence and lean management with Porsche Consulting. In 2013 Julia Bendul was appointed Professor of Optimization of Networks in Production and Logistics by the Jacobs University in Bremen. Since August 2017, she has headed the Chair of Management for Industry 4.0 at RWTH Aachen University. Her main research focuses are the design and implementation of production planning systems and production control systems as well as supply chain operations in developing countries.
Julia Bendul’s research activities are highly practice-oriented and interdisciplinary in nature, as reflected on the one hand in active and close collaboration projects with numerous industrial and logistics concerns, such as Daimler AG, Volkswagen AG, Porsche AG, REHAU, ThyssenKrupp Steel Europe, and on the other hand with international scholars from the disciplines of mathematics, physics, biology, computer science, and psychology.
- Management and implementation of digitization projects and digital processes
- Digital supply chain management
- Development and implementation of IT systems , with a specific focus on production planning and production control
- Elaboration of methodologies for the development of efficiency potentials through digitization and automation
- Sustainable production management and supply chain management, particularly actor integration in developing countries
- Blunck, H.; Armbruster, D.; Bendul, J. (2017): Setting production capacities for production agents making selfish routing decisions. In: International Journal of Computer Integrated Manufacturing, 2017, in press.
- Duffie, N.; Bendul, J.; Knollmann, M. (2017): An analytical approach for improving due-date and lead-time dynamics in production systems. In: International Journal of Manufacturing Systems, in press.
- Erfurth, T.; Bendul, J. (2017): Transportation Time and Reliability in Intermodal Transport Chains. In: International Journal of Transportation Economics, XLIV(2), in press.
- Rosca, E.; Bendul, J.; Reedy, J. (2017): Does frugal innovation enable sustainable development?
A systematic literature review. In: European Journal for Development Research, in press.
- Chankov, S.; Hütt, M.-T., Bendul, J. (2016): Synchronization in Manufacturing Systems Quantification and Relation to Logistics Performance. In: Journal of Production Research; 54(20), pp. 6033-6051.
- Duffie, N; Bendul, J.; Windt, K.; Knollmann, M. (2016): The Lead Time Syndrome of manufacturing control: comparison of two independent research approaches. In: CIRP Annals; 41, pp. 81-86.
- Rosca, E.; Arnold, M.; Bendul, J. (2016): Business models for sustainable innovation – an empirical analysis of frugal products and services. In: Journal of Cleaner Production; 162 (2017), pp. 133-145.
- Bendul, J., Rosca, E.; Pivovarova, D. (2016): Sustainable Supply Chain Operations in Developing Countries: Supply Chain Archetypes for Bottom of the Pyramid. In: Journal of Cleaner Production. 162 (2017), pp. 107-120.
- Brüning, M.; Hartono, N.T.; Bendul, J. (2015): Collaborative Recovery from Supply Chain Disruptions: Characteristics and Enablers. In: Research in Production & Logistics, 5(1), pp. 225-237.
- Bendul, J.; Skorna, A. (2015): Exploring impact factors of shippers’ risk prevention activities: a European survey in transportation. In: Transportation Research Part E; Part E, 90, pp. 206-223.
- Bendul, J.; Knollmann, M. (2015): The human factor in production planning and control: Considering human needs in computer aided decision-support systems. In: International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management; 30(5), pp. 346-368.
- Meyer, M.; Hütt, M.-T.; Bendul, J. (2015): Elementary Flux Mode Analysis for Robustness Evaluation of Production Systems. In: International Journal of Production Research; 54(14), pp. 4145-4160.
- Bendul, J., Ciobotaru, G. (2015): Restructuring Distribution Networks in Humanitarian Logistics. In: Journal of Business and Economics; 7(3), pp. 496-506.